In my SEO Blog I am only interested to post the host and important topics that will be useful to my blog readers. One more important news came from the Google search team. Google reveal all secrets about duplicate content penalty and how to get rid of it.
There are certain things that might affect your website search engine ranking
1. Do not create multiple page with same content.
2. Do not republish content from another website, write content of your own and
add value in your content.
3. Avoid “Cookie Cutter”.
4. Affiliate websites no more original content face hard time to get ranking.
Try to add value to your website like forum, blog, reviews, etc.
5. Do not create multiple URLs with same content. For example
www.example.com/fragrance-brand-kelvin-price-0-10.htm and another page with
same information www.example.com/fragrance- price-0-10-brand-kelvin.htm.
This type of URLs lowers your website performance.
What Google will do if find duplicate content
1. If Google find duplicate content caused by URL parameters then they group
URLs in to one bunch.
2. Select the best URL that provides value to the user.
3. Then check for link popularity of the URL.
Submit your website in Google webmaster tool and create a XML sitemap to let Google know that this is my page I want to rank for.
You can also stop such duplicate page using wildcard entry through robots.txt.